Case sensitive table names

Hi,

Is there case sensitive with Oracle table names ?

Rocio

Re:Case sensitive table names

When you request live queries yes.  The BDE will send your tablename and column
names over quoted.  In that case Oracle will treat them case sensitive.  Most
Oracle tools will not create case sensitive tablenames but instead uppercase
everything.  It is possible to create case sensitive tables in Oracle though.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

"Rocio Snchez" wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there case sensitive with Oracle table names ?

> Rocio

Oracle have follows rules:
1) All names without double quotas are case insensitive, ie converted
to upper case, before writing it to dictionary / searching it in
dictionary.
2) Names in double quotas are used as is, ie case sensitive.
(so, "TABLE1" eq table1)
3) BDE SQLLink transfer all names to Oracle in double quotas.

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, senior programmer, Nica-Com ltd.
Author of NCOCI8 - Delphi to Oracle8i direct access
EMail: di...@ncom.ru      ICQ: 50741007

Other Threads