Can anybody help???

I am new to the Delphi Product, but I am in the midst of convincing my work
place to move to it instead of the current (interpereted) language (Magic
7) for our move to windows 95.  But to do this I need to be able to get
things working.

The problem that I just come across, but can't seem to find any solution
around for is an error returned when trying to connect to a DBMS.  The
error is: BDE ERROR 15880 [$3E] [$8] ... Your application is not enabled
for use with this driver.

I am trying to connect to a MS-SQL server, and even through the Database
explorer I get this error.  I thought that it was my username and password,
but I have checked from other admin tools and my name and password are
correct.

Could it be because I am currently using the trial editon ??

If so, how do I get past this until our Client/Server edition arrives??

Thanks

Scott Chappel
schap...@ozemail.com.au

Re:Can anybody help???

Hi Scott!

You wrote:
> I am new to the Delphi Product, but I am in the midst of convincing my work
> place to move to it instead of the current (interpereted) language (Magic
> 7) for our move to windows 95.  But to do this I need to be able to get
> things working.

Good move!

> The problem that I just come across, but can't seem to find any solution
> around for is an error returned when trying to connect to a DBMS.  The
> error is: BDE ERROR 15880 [$3E] [$8] ... Your application is not enabled
> for use with this driver.

Aaaah, welcome to the BDE! <g>

> I am trying to connect to a MS-SQL server, and even through the Database
> explorer I get this error.  I thought that it was my username and password,
> but I have checked from other admin tools and my name and password are
> correct.

Again, welcome to the BDE!

> Could it be because I am currently using the trial editon ??

No, Delphi Client/server users experience similar problems...

> If so, how do I get past this until our Client/Server edition arrives??

I suggest that you cancel your order for the client/server version as soon as possible and get a product called
ODBCExpress.  ODBCExpress provides native ODBC access to SQL Server and other ODBC datasources.  It complies into
your app, so no DLLs need to be distributed ... and the stuff works well and is extremely quick.

check out http://www.adam.co.za and I guarantee that you'll be up and running in minutes!

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Manager: Client/server Software Development

Other Threads