Make left-aligned panel go to form bottom in presence of another bottom-aligned panel

If I place two panels on a form, one aligned alLeft, the other
alBottom, the left aligned panel does not extend down to the form's
bottom but instead sits above the bottom aligned panel no matter what
order they are placed onto the form.  The bottom aligned panel always
extends across the full bottom edge of the form.  Is there a way to
make the left aligned panel go to the form's bottom and the bottom
aligned panel's left edge only extend over to the left aligned panel's
right edge ?

Re:Make left-aligned panel go to form bottom in presence of another bottom-aligned panel

In article <3c3ef27d.3324...@forums.inprise.com>, sparus_nos...@umich.edu
says...
> If I place two panels on a form, one aligned alLeft, the other
> alBottom, the left aligned panel does not extend down to the form's
> bottom but instead sits above the bottom aligned panel no matter what
> order they are placed onto the form.  The bottom aligned panel always
> extends across the full bottom edge of the form.  Is there a way to
> make the left aligned panel go to the form's bottom and the bottom
> aligned panel's left edge only extend over to the left aligned panel's
> right edge ?

You have to use 3 panels...

Place the first panel aligned alleft, then place another panel
aligned alClient with no border, then place the third on top
of the alClient aligned panel and set its alignment to alBottom.

In article <3c3ef27d.3324...@forums.inprise.com>, Steve Parus wrote:
> Is there a way to
> make the left aligned panel go to the form's bottom and the bottom
> aligned panel's left edge only extend over to the left aligned panel's
> right edge ?

Eddie has already explained one way, but you might like to consider
setting anchor properties instead. The Left panel needs all but akRight
set to True and the bottom panel needs all Anchors set to true (don't
forget to set Align to alNone).

Mike Orriss (TeamB and DevExpress)

Re:Make left-aligned panel go to form bottom in presence of another bottom-aligned panel

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:11:02 GMT, "Mike Orriss (TeamB)"

<m...@3kcc.co.uk> wrote:
>Eddie has already explained one way,

using a third panel

>but you might like to consider
>setting anchor properties instead.

saving resources. So this way would be prefered.

Manuel Algora
ceni...@wanadoo.es

Other Threads