the function to restructure the DBF table

I want to write a function to resturcture table (pack the deleted record
& rebuilt the index).
I know that it can do it by DBD (Database Desktop), but it just for
small sized table...
So would someone to tell me use which function to do that....

Thanks

Lonnie

Re:the function to restructure the DBF table

What wrote in message <3A8A4E0A.DA2B3...@hknet.com>...
>I want to write a function to resturcture table (pack the deleted record
>& rebuilt the index).
>I know that it can do it by DBD (Database Desktop), but it just for
>small sized table...
>So would someone to tell me use which function to do that....

DbiDoRestructure is the one you want. You'll find details of it in the BDE
API Help file as well as some examples on the Borland Site (you'll have to
look for them though as I can't remember where). Also, I've seen examples in
CodeCentral (AFAIR) and a few other BCB sites.

Re:the function to restructure the DBF table

Thanks ! I get it !
But i found that there is no function to copy the table structure (with index
information) only, the DbiCopyTable function copy from one table to other table
with the data.
I just want a function that like table save as to other table with same
structure but without data. Can you help me ?

Lonnie

Colin Attwell wrote:
> What wrote in message <3A8A4E0A.DA2B3...@hknet.com>...
> >I want to write a function to resturcture table (pack the deleted record
> >& rebuilt the index).
> >I know that it can do it by DBD (Database Desktop), but it just for
> >small sized table...
> >So would someone to tell me use which function to do that....

> DbiDoRestructure is the one you want. You'll find details of it in the BDE
> API Help file as well as some examples on the Borland Site (you'll have to
> look for them though as I can't remember where). Also, I've seen examples in
> CodeCentral (AFAIR) and a few other BCB sites.

Other Threads