Table level changed error

I have a program that uses a tQuery.  When I add an "order by" clause to the sql, the program fails with a "Table Level Changed" error.  I can't find an explanation of that error.  Can anyone help?

Re:Table level changed error

"Brian McCarty" <bmcca...@misd.net> wrote:

>I have a program that uses a tQuery.  When I add an "order by"

clause to the sql, the program fails with a "Table Level
Changed" error.  I can't find an explanation of that error.  Can
anyone help?

I have narrowed down the cause of the problem.  I am reading a
dbase file that contains a memo field.  When I select all fields
and use an "order by" clause, I get the table level error.  If I
select all fields except the memo field the sql will work with
the "order by" clause.

I need to produce a report that sorts the data and also includes
the memo field.  Does anyone know how I can avoid the "table
level error" and still include the memo field?

Other Threads