Cannot transliterate Character between character sets.

You probably should be asking this in the interbase.public.general group.  This
group is supposed to be for InterbaseExpress, as set of components that are a
BDE replacement.  The other group has more readers and you'll get general IB
questions better answered there.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a

Re:Cannot transliterate Character between character sets.

Hi Everybody,
I have seen a message for a problem which is the same as mine but I can't
still find a solution. I have downloaded all the patches related with delphi
and BDE but makes no sense I use Interbase Server over NT SERVER 4.0 with
Service PACK 5.

| I get this error:
| "General SQL-Error:..arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string
| truncation.. Cannot transliterate Character between character sets."

I use TURKISH Windows 98 SE, NT Server's Language is also Turkish (I mean
only Keyboard). And I remember I loaded the TURKISH language Pack through NT
Server CD e:\langpack

I gave no CHARACTER SET to my .gdb file and did not assign any language
through ALIAS or DELPHI ( I mean I did not assign a language set to
Interbase Database Component as well)
And I have tried in a different database to give a Language Set and I GAVE
< DEFAULT CHARACTER SET WIN1254> which is supposed to support Turkish as far
as I know (I have used this long before and there was no problem)

I wonder If I should make any change over NT Server for INTERBASE SERVER or
should I change any setting of INTERBASE SERVER's configuration.

Re:Cannot transliterate Character between character sets.

I am sorry to bother you but I couldn't understand what u meant?

Could you explain it to me please?
Is it a program I am to download or anything to configure? I don't remember
to see anything like UDF?
Regards..
Ian Newby <i...@wmeng.co.uk>, ileti haberinde
yazilanlar:<38D8EB75.BC955...@wmeng.co.uk>...

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message
> You probably should be asking this in the interbase.public.general group.
This
> group is supposed to be for InterbaseExpress, as set of components that
are a
> BDE replacement.  The other group has more readers and you'll get general
IB
> questions better answered there.

> Rasim Enar wrote:

> > Hi Everybody,
> > I have seen a message for a problem which is the same as mine but I
can't
> > still find a solution. I have downloaded all the patches related with
delphi
> > and BDE but makes no sense I use Interbase Server over NT SERVER 4.0
with
> > Service PACK 5.

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a
> little helping hand just a little understanding.  Just some answers to the
> questions that surround me now.  If there's somebody up there could
> they throw me down a line.               (Fish)

Other Threads