help-help-help: convert paradox database to another

Is there any good application for convert database type to another? I
want to convert paradox db to xls (excel) file. Help me please.
Database Explorer from Borland cannot write/save as another type.

Re:help-help-help: convert paradox database to another

barokokok wrote:

> Is there any good application for convert database type to another? I
> want to convert paradox db to xls (excel) file. Help me please.
> Database Explorer from Borland cannot write/save as another type.

This one is pretty straight forward.  Export from paradox to an ASCII
delimited file.  Excel can import delimited files.  Some PC databases
even had a separate version of the delimited export just for
spreadsheets which add column names as a first output row so the
resulting spreadsheet is self documented.

Art S. Kagel

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:06:56 GMT, rms...@usa.met (barokokok) wrote:
>Is there any good application for convert database type to another? I
>want to convert paradox db to xls (excel) file. Help me please.
>Database Explorer from Borland cannot write/save as another type.

Database Explorer could copy data from a Paradox table to a Microsoft Excel
file. You would need to have an ODBC driver for Excel and at least the
Professional edition of whatever programming tool your Database Explorer
came with (to be able to use ODBC drivers). From there, a simple INSERT
statement could be used with a SELECT subquery as the source of data,
retrieving data from the Paradox table.

Steve Koterski                      "The knowledge of the world is only to
Technical Publications              be acquired in the world, and not in a
INPRISE Corporation                 closet."
http://www.inprise.com/delphi          -- Earl of Chesterfield (1694-1773)

Re:help-help-help: convert paradox database to another

In article <3678c8fc.6345...@news.cbn.net.id>,

  rms...@usa.net wrote:
> Is there any good application for convert database type to another? I
> want to convert paradox db to xls (excel) file. Help me please.
> Database Explorer from Borland cannot write/save as another type.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Excel seems to do a pretty good job at this, as
does Access.

barokokok wrote:
> Is there any good application for convert database type to another? I
> want to convert paradox db to xls (excel) file. Help me please.
> Database Explorer from Borland cannot write/save as another type.

Inprise just has solved this problem.
Look at there Homepage under  http://www.inprise.com/delphi/papers/
In the DELPHI 3 section there is

Delphi and Microsoft Office: Automating Excel and Word

Examine this.....

Re:help-help-help: convert paradox database to another

spend $99 on a proper full version of Paradox ... it can export to
Excel, Lotus, and QPro files, both interactively and, with a one-line
script, programmatically (so you just have an icon to do it with !

Mike

Other Threads