Very Imp.? abt IB Objects

I have to develop a good performance Billing S/W. I have Installed
InterBase Objects (from ibobjects.com) which is a NoN BDE set of
data-aware components... They say that it is faster to use Non BDE
components..... Please tell me to what extent the InterBase obejects
will be faster as compared to BDE components, if any???

Thanking u in anticipation!!!
Regds,
ravi

Re:Very Imp.? abt IB Objects

Hi Ravi,

I would probably say that there is no significant speed difference.  The
bottleneck is usually the network speed; the same queries go out, and the
same information comes back, so the only difference would be your program
forming the query right?  The advantage is not the speed, it is not having
to distribute the BDE.

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

>They say that it is faster to use Non BDE
>components..... Please tell me to what extent the InterBase obejects
>will be faster as compared to BDE components, if any???

Other Threads