Can't print without colors on a color printer with QuickReport

Nice day,

I've a little problem with QuickReport. When I use a color printer, but want
to print an image with QuickReport just in grayscale, the printer settings
won't be saved.

First I have a QuickRep-Form where an image is stored. Then I call the
Preview-Method. In the Preview-Form I want to change my printer settings to
gray scale. But when I close the printer settings window and open it again,
all my changes are canceled.

Could this be a problem of QuickReport, or is there a bug in Windows or in
the printer driver?
I use Win2000 prof. and a HP Deskjet 840c for testing.

Thank you for your help...

     Ciao

          Benni

Re:Can't print without colors on a color printer with QuickReport

If you are use the print preview that came with QR most of the features in the
printer settings will not change about the only thing that ever works for me was
the page range.  I have found that making your own print preview will solve
this.   You could change it to gray scale before you do your print job through
the driver.

Paul

Benjamin Heil wrote:
> Nice day,

> I've a little problem with QuickReport. When I use a color printer, but want
> to print an image with QuickReport just in grayscale, the printer settings
> won't be saved.

> First I have a QuickRep-Form where an image is stored. Then I call the
> Preview-Method. In the Preview-Form I want to change my printer settings to
> gray scale. But when I close the printer settings window and open it again,
> all my changes are canceled.

> Could this be a problem of QuickReport, or is there a bug in Windows or in
> the printer driver?
> I use Win2000 prof. and a HP Deskjet 840c for testing.

> Thank you for your help...

>      Ciao

>           Benni

Re:Can't print without colors on a color printer with QuickReport

Hi

In the qusoft website there is an example of a custom preview which has a
lot more features and it works great.
You can download it and customize it to your own needs.
That is what I did and now I do not have any problems.
www.qusoft.com

"Paul Louck" <Pa...@martechsys.com> wrote in message

> If you are use the print preview that came with QR most of the features in
the
> printer settings will not change about the only thing that ever works for
me was
> the page range.  I have found that making your own print preview will
solve
> this.   You could change it to gray scale before you do your print job
through
> the driver.

> Paul

> Benjamin Heil wrote:

> > Nice day,

> > I've a little problem with QuickReport. When I use a color printer, but
want
> > to print an image with QuickReport just in grayscale, the printer
settings
> > won't be saved.

> > First I have a QuickRep-Form where an image is stored. Then I call the
> > Preview-Method. In the Preview-Form I want to change my printer settings
> > gray scale. But when I close the printer settings window and open it
again,
> > all my changes are canceled.

> > Could this be a problem of QuickReport, or is there a bug in Windows or
in
> > the printer driver?
> > I use Win2000 prof. and a HP Deskjet 840c for testing.

> > Thank you for your help...

> >      Ciao

> >           Benni

Other Threads