Result of local SQL query CANNOT modify !!

151.2.31...@IT.net wrote:

> Hi,

> I am a newer Delphi programmer; I have seen your article in the newsgroup
> \..\database
> and I tell you that's also my problem.
> I have seen that many people have the same problem.
> Have you actually fixed in anyway the problem ?

> If yes, may you help me and tell me your solution ?

> I am trying new way...

> Unfortunately I have only tomorrow (22/ 12/ 95) for read your response.

Some said that is pronblem only occur in local sql. So, DON'T use
TQuery for local database. You can use TTable instead.

Use INDEX --> order by clause
Use filter --> where clause

Get some filter component from the Delphi Super Page :
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/archive/delphi/

Try the "dbfilt16.zip", It's cool !

Best Regards
Felix

Re:Result of local SQL query CANNOT modify !!

feli...@hka.online.edu (Felix Ng) wrote:
>151.2.31...@IT.net wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I am a newer Delphi programmer; I have seen your article in the newsgroup
>> \..\database
>> and I tell you that's also my problem.
>> I have seen that many people have the same problem.
>> Have you actually fixed in anyway the problem ?

>> If yes, may you help me and tell me your solution ?

>> I am trying new way...

>> Unfortunately I have only tomorrow (22/ 12/ 95) for read your response.
>Some said that is pronblem only occur in local sql. So, DON'T use
>TQuery for local database. You can use TTable instead.
>Use INDEX --> order by clause
>Use filter --> where clause
>Get some filter component from the Delphi Super Page :
>http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/archive/delphi/
>Try the "dbfilt16.zip", It's cool !
>Best Regards
>Felix

Hi,

I did not see the earlier messages, however, the usual reason (beyond
the primary key or an index not allowing it) that people have not been
able to modify the result of a query is that the RequestLive property
does not like the format of their SQL statement.

Take a look in The Delphi Super Page
(http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/archive/delphi/) in the freeware section
for a program named SQLDEMO.ZIP from Allen M. Servedio (me!). I take
the data from TEdit and TMemo fields and either Insert, Update, or
Delete from the database (according to what you specify).

Good Luck,
Allen

Other Threads