COM registering: Runtime error 217 ??

Hi folks,

I encountered a serious problem while working on a project. I'm trying
create an Automation Object that inherits from another automation
object.
Lets say that TChild inherits from TParent. TParent implements the
ICustomParent interface. Since Child is a descendant of  TParent, it
also
implements ICustomParent and it also implements IChild. Both are
implemented
in their own Active Library. The TParent class works fine and is tested
already.
The Active Library for TChild does compile well.

I would like the TChild class to have the same default interface as the
TParent class has so I added the appropriate file to the Uses part of
the
tlb file and
added the IParent interface to the TChild automation object and made it
the
Default interface.

The reason that I write this is the following:
When I try to register the typelibrary for IChild, I get an "Exception
Unknown Software Exception (0x0eedfade) on address 0x77e89b01",
followed by
Delphi "Runtime error 217 at 0000D0A3" and the message that the OLE
control
might require additional files.

Does anyone know how to solve this {*word*193} problem since I'm stuck here.
What
"additional files" might be required to register a file ?
Any help will be appreciated !

--
Regards,

J.Bijleveld