Stuffing the Keyboard Buffer

I'd like to write a simple Windows macro program (like the old RECORDER.EXE
with 3.1) but with some ability to edit the macros. Any thoughts on how to
play around with the keyboard buffer?  One feature I'd really like is to
enable a pause for the user to type and then resume feeding keystrokes.

Thanks.

Re:Stuffing the Keyboard Buffer

On Fri, 14 May 1999 20:27:35 -0700, "Colleen & Brian Smith"

<greyb...@direct.ca> wrote:
>I'd like to write a simple Windows macro program (like the old RECORDER.EXE
>with 3.1) but with some ability to edit the macros. Any thoughts on how to
>play around with the keyboard buffer?  One feature I'd really like is to
>enable a pause for the user to type and then resume feeding keystrokes.

I've never used this stuff, but have the impression that most macro
programs work through the journal record/playback features.  Try the
Win32 SDK help file for things like SetWindowsHook, JournalRecordProc,
and JournalPlaybackProc.

--
"Generally speaking, things have gone about as far as they can possibly
go when things have got about as bad as they reasonably get."

Other Threads