Misc Questions: hide programs in taskbar, taskmanager and tray; round form in delphi 4 c/s?

How can I hide a program so, that it is invisible in the taskbar, in the
task manager and in the tray?

I want to make an tool for Win98 which should be invisible in the taskbar,
in the task manager and in the tray. This program should contain forms which
should open, when a specified key is pressed.

How can I set that a program can't be closed?

Is it possible to make a form in delphi 4 c/s that is round?

Thanks for answers

-RZ

Re:Misc Questions: hide programs in taskbar, taskmanager and tray; round form in delphi 4 c/s?

Hi there me, er, you...

me wrote in message <7aae3m$s6...@proxy.evosys.net>...
>How can I hide a program so, that it is invisible in the taskbar, in the
>task manager and in the tray?

Yes...

>I want to make an tool for Win98 which should be invisible in the taskbar,
>in the task manager and in the tray. This program should contain forms
which
>should open, when a specified key is pressed.

To do it, you must hide the taskbar button by using
ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE) in each of your form's OnActivate
event.  Also, to hide the app from the task manager, use this code when your
app has been loaded:

type
  PFNRegSvcPrc = ^TFNRegSvcPrc;
  TFNRegSvcPrc = function(dwProcessId: Cardinal; dwType: Cardinal):
    Cardinal stdcall;

procedure RegisterAppAsService;
var
  RegisterServiceProcess: TFNRegSvcPrc;
begin
  @RegisterServiceProcess := GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandle('KERNEL32'),
'RegisterServiceProcess');
  RegisterServiceProcess(0, 1);
end;

When an application is registered as a service, it won't be listed in the
task list.  Note that this is Win95/98 specific.

>How can I set that a program can't be closed?

Use the OnCloseQuery event.  From there you can tell the form that it is not
allowed to close.  To stop an app from being able to be closed with
CTRL+ALT+DEL, use the above code to hide it from the task list.

>Is it possible to make a form in delphi 4 c/s that is round?

Yes.  Look up the API command SetWindowRgn in the Win32 SDK help file.

>Thanks for answers

>-RZ

Good luck,

Cameron