pascal turbo vision problem

I have a pascal turbo vision app, has a dialog box, with several
input lines.  I need to be able to popup a "info" box at specific
input lines.

I know how to determine if one of the input lines needs the popup
"info" box, but I do not know how to actually put that box on the
screen and not lose focus to that input line.  I want the info box
to remain on the screen while that input line is being edited,
and then have the info box zapped when they are done editing the
line.

Anyone... please please help...

-pat-
email is forbes at forbes dot net.

Re:pascal turbo vision problem

hotsi...@mnsinc.com (Tim) wrote:
>I have a pascal turbo vision app, has a dialog box, with several
>input lines.  I need to be able to popup a "info" box at specific
>input lines.

>I know how to determine if one of the input lines needs the popup
>"info" box, but I do not know how to actually put that box on the
>screen and not lose focus to that input line.  I want the info box
>to remain on the screen while that input line is being edited,
>and then have the info box zapped when they are done editing the
>line.

If you expect the field not to lose focus, then the popup must
be a field within the dialog itself.  Otherwise it will most
likely be covered by the dialog containing the field.  There
might be a way to keep an inactive dialog on top, but I think I
may have an easier solution.

If I understand correctly, the info-box is a static do-nothing
field that only displays an extended set of instructions. If so,
then I would insert the info-field into the dialog as a hidden,
non-selectable field that was on top of all other fields.  A
tMemo might make a good choice w/ or w/o ofFramed.  I would then
use a control field based on a tLabel to act as the controlling
agent between the data-field and the info-field.

The controlling field would link to the data field as a label
and contain an additional link to the info field.  As a label,
the controlling field will select the linked data field when it
is selected.  When the linked data field is selected the label
becomes highlighted.  When the linked data field loses focus,
the label reverts to is normal state.

All your controller has to do is extend the label's action so
that it makes the info-field visible when the data-field gains
focus and hides the info-field when the data-field loses focus.

Hope I've explained this well enough to get you started.

    ...red

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment
  Join at http://www.cauce.org/