Drawing "disabled" bitmaps

Allright.. Problem seems really simple..
But I have tryed everyting from reading docs to trial and error...

Suppose we have this code:
ImageList1.Draw(myForm.Canvas, 0, 0, 0, False);
ImageList1.Draw(myForm.Image1.Canvas, 0, 0, 0, False);

The image at index-1 is a normal bitmap (painted disabled, i.e. the "False"
parameter).
When drawn on form is looks correctly. I.e. grey with a bit of white here
and there (like e.g. the disabled toolbuttons in D6 IDE).

However, if I draw them on "Image1" the image is just grey.

The original bitmap has a purple background (including top left pixel) with
the image in center.

What I am trying to do must be really really simple..
However, I have tryed everything from setting transparent colors (and all
other kinds of transparency) to assigning brushes and what else.

What am I doing wrong?
I mean.. When it works one of the places - why not the other?

best regards
-Thomas

Re:Drawing "disabled" bitmaps

> The image at index-1 is a normal bitmap (painted disabled, i.e. the
"False"
> parameter).

hehe - a small correction - I mean
the image in the imagelist at index 0