Connecting MS SQL 2000 with Native BDE driver

Dear Expert, I have a a problem in my program that
connecting the MS-SQL 2000
Though BDE ( TQuery ).
In
my program, i have use a TDataBase, and TQuery to
connect a table called 'WTSALE' with the SQL Statment
'select * from WTSALE' and use a TDataSource and
TDBGrid to display and let the user edit the Table.
in
order to let the user able to edit, i have set the
RequestLive = true in the TQuery.
I is all fine
for me to show and edit the data. But the problem
was that while i add a record though the TDBgrid
and save. One of the record is lost in the screen
but still there in the table in the server.
What
can i do for it ?

This question has not been answered yet.

Re:Connecting MS SQL 2000 with Native BDE driver

If it is at all possible to switch to ADO with MS SQL 2000 you should.
The BDE is not supported with SQL 2000.

If not you might have to refresh your query after posting the new
record.

Ross

Arion wrote:
> order to let the user able to edit, i have set the
> RequestLive = true in the TQuery.
> I is all fine
> for me to show and edit the data. But the problem
> was that while i add a record though the TDBgrid
> and save. One of the record is lost in the screen
> but still there in the table in the server.
> What
> can i do for it ?

Close then Open the query.  Refresh doesn't work with SQL backends.

John Pierce

Other Threads