SQL Server and TQuery and RequestLive

Hi all,
      I am new to using TQuery components.  I have a simple case of
Query which picks out one row from the table.  Select Fieldnames From
TableName where FieldName = :Value.  Why is it that I am unable to get a
live dataset to update this record.  I have set the RequestLive to True
and if I do so, I get an error 'Invalid keyword'.  Please Help.

Shyamala.

Re:SQL Server and TQuery and RequestLive

Read the help screen that comes up with the cursor in the requestlive
property. It explains under what conditions it will or will not work.
Shyamala DMurthy wrote:

> Hi all,
>       I am new to using TQuery components.  I have a simple case of
> Query which picks out one row from the table.  Select Fieldnames From
> TableName where FieldName = :Value.  Why is it that I am unable to get a
> live dataset to update this record.  I have set the RequestLive to True
> and if I do so, I get an error 'Invalid keyword'.  Please Help.

> Shyamala.

Re:SQL Server and TQuery and RequestLive

Hi,

You are using a reserved word "Value".
Change the name of the param.

Marvin

Shyamala DMurthy <d...@gms.state.ga.us> schreef in berichtnieuws
3853D90C.1...@gms.state.ga.us...

> Hi all,
>       I am new to using TQuery components.  I have a simple case of
> Query which picks out one row from the table.  Select Fieldnames From
> TableName where FieldName = :Value.  Why is it that I am unable to get a
> live dataset to update this record.  I have set the RequestLive to True
> and if I do so, I get an error 'Invalid keyword'.  Please Help.

> Shyamala.

Other Threads