Bug found in BDE

Platform: Delphi, SQL Server, ODBC SQL Server]

I already sent one message about this problem and the conclusion that I
found is: BDE has a BUG.

If you has the code fragment:

database.startTransaction;
try
  // some selects
  // some updates
  database.commit;
except
  database.rollback;
  end;

In some case the rollback action has no effect. I don't known why. My
solution was execute a Query with the code:  "if @@trancount = 0 begin
transaction" and the problem was solved.
Anybody has a explanation for this BUG?

Roberto

Re:Bug found in BDE

Perfil C&S wrote:

> Platform: Delphi, SQL Server, ODBC SQL Server]

> I already sent one message about this problem and the conclusion that I
> found is: BDE has a BUG.

        It is possible that you have found a bug, but I cannot reproduce it
using the Delphi, the BDE, and InterBase.  I have quite a bit of
production code which fits your example, and have never seen such a
problem.

        Therefore, I would not be so quick to presume that the bug is in the
BDE.  It could just as easily be in ODBC, the ODBC driver you are using,
SQL Server, or your code.  If you'd like me to perform additional tests
to try and reproduce your results, post steps to reproduce the error
which *always* fail for you, and perhaps we can narrow down the source
of the problem.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz                    cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com