UDF's and WinNT 4 Server Service Pack 6

Hi,

I upgraded a customer's NT Server from Service pack 4 to Service pack 6, and
my application have a new problem accessing to my own UDF's (this worked
well before and works well in other server in other customers with SP6)

When the client (Delphi 3) try to access indirectly (By procedure or query)
to an UDF Function I get:

A fatal exception occurred during the execution of a user defined funtion.
Access Violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without
privilege to do so.

Someone told me that the client must be able to access to the Interbase/Bin
directory, because during a transaction Interbase write its logs there. Is
it True?

Is there anybody who can help me?

Thank you,
    Massimiliano Trezzi

Re:UDF's and WinNT 4 Server Service Pack 6

Massimiliano Trezzi wrote:

> When the client (Delphi 3) try to access indirectly (By procedure or query)
> to an UDF Function I get:

> A fatal exception occurred during the execution of a user defined funtion.
> Access Violation. The code attempted to access a virtual address without
> privilege to do so.

        This almost always means that the UDF you're running is not
thread-safe.  UDFs must be thread-safe.

> Someone told me that the client must be able to access to the Interbase/Bin
> directory, because during a transaction Interbase write its logs there. Is
> it True?

        No.  I'd recommend the opposite.  The IB server runs in its own
account, and *that* account must be able to write to the directory which
contains the log -- usually the InterBase directory, not bin.  The
*client* needs no read or write access to any folder on the server.

        HTH,

        -Craig