TSQLClientDataSet: setting Master/Detail ID fields incorrectly...

I've got a database with the following basic structure:

DetailTable
ID    (for this record)
MasterID    (Master record ID)

MasterTable
ID

Where a Detail with the MasterID links to a Master with ID of the same
value.  When I set the MasterSource property of the detail
TSQLClientDataSet, then edit the MasterFields, mapping MasterID -> ID, and
hit OK, the TSQLClientDataSet now has ID in both the IndexFieldNames and
MasterFields properties.

Is the problem that there's no index on MasterID in the detail record?  When
I drop down the IndexFieldNames list box, I only get the ID field, which is
the only indexed field for this table.

Gabe