Access to database local tables from MS-DOS application

How can I acquire access to Database local tables from an MS-DOS
application ?
I am particularly interested in Dbase tables .
The application will be the result of porting a BCB4 application and I
will be using BC 5.0.

Thank you for any help,

                                Jorge

Re:Access to database local tables from MS-DOS application

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:33:22 -0300, Jorge Jambeiro Filho

<je...@wisecode.com.br> wrote:
>How can I acquire access to Database local tables from an MS-DOS
>application ?   I am particularly interested in Dbase tables .
>The application will be the result of porting a BCB4 application and I
>will be using BC 5.0.

It has been a while since I have worked with DOS,  but you might try
looking into CodeBase from Sequiter Software.

I know that the CodeBase v5 files worked with BC++ V4.5x (and I believe
DBase files).  Their newer version will probably work with BCB,  but I have
not used them sine my DOS days either...

I am afraid that the BDE (which is commonly used in BCB apps) is a windows
only database engine,  and requires windows in order to work...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Borland's TeamB