Crystal report VCL 8.5 Delphi 7 and Crystal report 7

Hi all ,

I have the following situation. I must use Crystal Report 7 reports ,
Crystal report VCL 8.5 and Delphi 7 Enterprice. All I found about installing
the VCL in Delphi 7 is http://brionwebster.home.attbi.com/Crystal.html.
This doesn't help me much. I can't install package dcl6cr85.bpl because I
have trl60.bpl. I uninstalled Delphi 6. Now the error says that I don't have
designide60.bpl. I try to remove dcl6cr85.bpl to dcl7cr85.bpl but doesn't
help.

Is there a possiblity to make it work at all ?

Thanks in advance.

Re:Crystal report VCL 8.5 Delphi 7 and Crystal report 7

"Svilen Stefanov" <sno...@revolta.com> wrote...
> I have the following situation. I must use Crystal Report 7 reports ,
> Crystal report VCL 8.5 and Delphi 7 Enterprice. All I found about installing
> the VCL in Delphi 7 is http://brionwebster.home.attbi.com/Crystal.html.
> This doesn't help me much. I can't install package dcl6cr85.bpl because I
> have trl60.bpl. I uninstalled Delphi 6. Now the error says that I don't have
> designide60.bpl. I try to remove dcl6cr85.bpl to dcl7cr85.bpl but doesn't
> help.

How did you get the version 8 VCL?  AFAIK, it's not available to users of CR
7.  However, CR 8 & 8.5 can display reports written in CR 7.

Obviously, I haven't been updating my web site as fast as I had planned.  You
might be better off converting the VCL from Crystal 7 to work, there were a
few minor changes with regards to the form designer or some such, google
should turn up some posts from me, or frank zimmerman, covering how to convert
the version 7 VCL to work with the new designide restrictions.

Finally, if the 8x VCL components are asking for xxx60.bpl's, then you either
haven't edited the internal .dpk files, or you haven't recompiled them and
created new bpl's.  I have used the version 8x VCL in Delphi 7 with absolutely
no problems.

--
-Brion
Team JEDI, 2001 Spirit of Delphi Award Winners

Re:Crystal report VCL 8.5 Delphi 7 and Crystal report 7

> Obviously, I haven't been updating my web site as fast as I had planned.
You
> might be better off converting the VCL from Crystal 7 to work, there were
> few minor changes with regards to the form designer or some such, google
> should turn up some posts from me, or frank zimmerman, covering how to
convert
> the version 7 VCL to work with the new designide restrictions.

Can you send me the article how to convert the Delphi 7 VCL. The version I
have is for Delphi 4.

"Svilen Stefanov" <sno...@revolta.com> wrote in message

> > Obviously, I haven't been updating my web site as fast as I had planned.
> You
> > might be better off converting the VCL from Crystal 7 to work, there
were
> > few minor changes with regards to the form designer or some such, google
> > should turn up some posts from me, or frank zimmerman, covering how to
> convert
> > the version 7 VCL to work with the new designide restrictions.

Can you send me the article how to convert the Crystal 7 VCL. The version I
have is for Delphi 4.

Thanks in advance.

Other Threads