Problem with DBase index files and Delphi (UPPER, STR, etc)

I use DBASE IV files as database files for a Delphi project. All
single field indexfiles work fine with my code. However if  I use a
DBASE expression for an indexfile (like UPPER(NAME) or
STR(ORDERID)+STR(ITEMID)), everything seems to work fine until I use
the FindKey or FindNearest method. Whenever I try to find a particular
record I get an error 'Field Index out of range'.

Can anyone please give me some hints?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Parree
Cornerstone Reality
creal...@pi.net

Re:Problem with DBase index files and Delphi (UPPER, STR, etc)

Sorry for posting the previous article. I found the answer by looking
into the FAQ. I have to use GotoKey or GotoNearest instead.

Thanks for reading!

creal...@pi.net (Michael Parree) wrote:
>I use DBASE IV files as database files for a Delphi project. All
>single field indexfiles work fine with my code. However if  I use a
>DBASE expression for an indexfile (like UPPER(NAME) or
>STR(ORDERID)+STR(ITEMID)), everything seems to work fine until I use
>the FindKey or FindNearest method. Whenever I try to find a particular
>record I get an error 'Field Index out of range'.
>Can anyone please give me some hints?
>Thanks in advance!
>Michael Parree
>Cornerstone Reality