Board index » delphi » TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

Greetings,

  I've got a hobby program I've been working on for several years now,
its a game program and so it uses a Graphic screen.  
My problem is that I recently upgraded my Comp to a Windows XP machine,
and my program crashes it seems, whenever I use the bar function.
sometimes it crashes the whole comp.  
  has anyone else noticed similar difficulties?  

I have a nagging idea, that it has to do with the values I'm passing
for the upper left  x and y, and lower right x and y, in that function,
and how windows xp is handling them, but not sure..

the program can be found at:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bcasey/starfall.html

Thanks for your thoughts..  
BC

 

Re:TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?


I haven't seen this problem before, but what version of windows did you have
before? 98? because XP is basically WinNT and the way NT/2000/XP handles DOS
is far different, because it's not actually DOS, it's just an emulation,
whereas 98/95/Me it is actually a DOS Shell and windows let's it pretty much
do what it wants (except memory and some graphics etc..), however, you may
need to write your own Bar procedure, or maybe stop using the graph unit,
there are any good graphic units out there that are far faster, what screen
mode are you using?

Quote
"Brendan Casey" <bca...@umich.edu> wrote in message

news:ae7641e5.0201071643.4f9b9f5b@posting.google.com...
Quote
> Greetings,

>   I've got a hobby program I've been working on for several years now,
> its a game program and so it uses a Graphic screen.
> My problem is that I recently upgraded my Comp to a Windows XP machine,
> and my program crashes it seems, whenever I use the bar function.
> sometimes it crashes the whole comp.
>   has anyone else noticed similar difficulties?

> I have a nagging idea, that it has to do with the values I'm passing
> for the upper left  x and y, and lower right x and y, in that function,
> and how windows xp is handling them, but not sure..

> the program can be found at:
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bcasey/starfall.html

> Thanks for your thoughts..
> BC

Re:TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?


Quote
SirSilly wrote:
> I haven't seen this problem before, but what version of windows did you have
> before? 98? because XP is basically WinNT and the way NT/2000/XP handles DOS
> is far different, because it's not actually DOS, it's just an emulation,
> whereas 98/95/Me it is actually a DOS Shell and windows let's it pretty much
> do what it wants (except memory and some graphics etc..), however, you may
> need to write your own Bar procedure, or maybe stop using the graph unit,
> there are any good graphic units out there that are far faster, what screen
> mode are you using?

I think that won't help much, because M$ f***** up the DOS Box under NT/W2K/XP!

It's very worse!

Greetings

Markus

Re:TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?


Quote
"Markus Humm" wrote in message

well, looks like you'll have to get a replacement graph unit, i've had
graphics working (320x200x256 ie mode 13h) fine with W2Kpro.

Quote
> I think that won't help much, because M$ f***** up the DOS Box under
NT/W2K/XP!

> It's very worse!

> Greetings

> Markus

Re:TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?


"SirSilly" <si...@inet.net.nz> schreef in bericht
news:1010535010.354881@kyle.inet.net.nz...

Quote

> "Markus Humm" wrote in message

> well, looks like you'll have to get a replacement graph unit, i've had
> graphics working (320x200x256 ie mode 13h) fine with W2Kpro.

I don't call that graphics, I call that Lego.

Femme

Other Threads