Displaying form the same for different resolutions?

My app looks OK ona PC:s with small font selected, both using 800x600
and 1024x768 resolution.
But if someone is using large font for the display driver all kinds of
weird things happen. Images move and texts do not fit anymore.

Is there a *simple* way of avoiding this mess?
(I don't want to check the screen setting and then cycle through all
controls and resize and reposition them to suit...)

Bo Berglund
bo.bergl...@telia.com

Re:Displaying form the same for different resolutions?

There are some commercial tools available to do this.
Check the Delphi Super page or Torry's

I use TElasticForm component from
http://www.flash.net/~qsystems
It costs about $25 US which is cheaper than spending hours writing my own
tool.

Mike
--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

"Bo Berglund" <bo.bergl...@telia.com> wrote in message

> My app looks OK ona PC:s with small font selected, both using 800x600
> and 1024x768 resolution.
> But if someone is using large font for the display driver all kinds of
> weird things happen. Images move and texts do not fit anymore.

> Is there a *simple* way of avoiding this mess?
> (I don't want to check the screen setting and then cycle through all
> controls and resize and reposition them to suit...)

> Bo Berglund
> bo.bergl...@telia.com

Re:Displaying form the same for different resolutions?

I use the following at the start of the OnCreate handler of each form:

    Scaled := False;
    AutoScroll := False;
    ScaleBy(Screen.Width, DesignScreenWidthPix);

DesignScreenWidthPix is a constant (e.g., 800 or 1024) depending on
your screen width at design time.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:43:32 +1000, "Mike Best"

<lin...@bigpond.com.au> wrote:
>There are some commercial tools available to do this.
>Check the Delphi Super page or Torry's

>I use TElasticForm component from
>http://www.flash.net/~qsystems
>It costs about $25 US which is cheaper than spending hours writing my own
>tool.

>Mike
>--
>Mike Best Programming
>Brisbane
>Australia
>"Bo Berglund" <bo.bergl...@telia.com> wrote in message
>> My app looks OK ona PC:s with small font selected, both using 800x600
>> and 1024x768 resolution.
>> But if someone is using large font for the display driver all kinds of
>> weird things happen. Images move and texts do not fit anymore.

>> Is there a *simple* way of avoiding this mess?
>> (I don't want to check the screen setting and then cycle through all
>> controls and resize and reposition them to suit...)

>> Bo Berglund
>> bo.bergl...@telia.com

Other Threads