Ho do you do a Telnet - type session to Unix

Hi All

I want to trigger a program on Unix that needs user input.  First prize
would
be if the program could run inside a Delphi form, and the form could know
when the program terminates.  Alternatively I could simply trigger the Unix
program, it could then do it's stuff in a telnet-like interface, and the
Delphi program could periodically scan for something like a output file that
indicates that the program did its stuff.

We are working on TCP/IP on a hub.

Thanks
Marcus

Re:Ho do you do a Telnet - type session to Unix

You need to start a Telnet session to the Unix host, login, start the
application on the host, wait for the next prompt and close the session
again.

You can find good Telnet components on:
ICS (http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm)
or
WinShoes (http://www.pbe.com/WinShoes/)

These component packages also contain a terminal component to display the
telnet session.

"Marcus de Bruin" <marcu...@mweb.co.za> schreef in bericht

> Hi All

> I want to trigger a program on Unix that needs user input.  First prize
> would
> be if the program could run inside a Delphi form, and the form could know
> when the program terminates.  Alternatively I could simply trigger the
Unix
> program, it could then do it's stuff in a telnet-like interface, and the
> Delphi program could periodically scan for something like a output file
that
> indicates that the program did its stuff.

> We are working on TCP/IP on a hub.

> Thanks
> Marcus

Other Threads