Speedbutton bitmap problem in Delphi 1

I have a couple speedbuttons that have glyphs that cover the whole button but
the images don't display correctly -- they are scattered with white specs and
the result is rather ugly.

The same images displayed in a TImage component displays fine -- is this a
problem with Speedbuttons?  How can I fix it?

Stephen LEAFS Legge
SLE...@cs.mun.ca - www.cs.mun.ca/~slegge
St. John's, Newfoundland

"I would rather have played for the Leafs than
 be prime minister of Canada." -- former PM Lester Pearson

Re:Speedbutton bitmap problem in Delphi 1

Stephen L. Legge wrote:

> I have a couple speedbuttons that have glyphs that cover the whole button but
> the images don't display correctly -- they are scattered with white specs and
> the result is rather ugly.

> The same images displayed in a TImage component displays fine -- is this a
> problem with Speedbuttons?  How can I fix it?

> Stephen LEAFS Legge
> SLE...@cs.mun.ca - www.cs.mun.ca/~slegge
> St. John's, Newfoundland

> "I would rather have played for the Leafs than
>  be prime minister of Canada." -- former PM Lester Pearson

Hi Stephen!
Try to do scene on 1 pixel less than bitmap size.
Ex: Bitmap size 24x24, painting size 22x22.
Colour of border will be used as a transparent color.

Bye!

"Dmitry M. Ivlev" <Di...@Diogen.nstu.nsk.su> wrote:

>> I have a couple speedbuttons that have glyphs that cover the whole button but
>> the images don't display correctly -- they are scattered with white specs and
>> the result is rather ugly.

>> The same images displayed in a TImage component displays fine -- is this a
>> problem with Speedbuttons?  How can I fix it?

>> Stephen LEAFS Legge
>> SLE...@cs.mun.ca - www.cs.mun.ca/~slegge
>> St. John's, Newfoundland

>> "I would rather have played for the Leafs than
>>  be prime minister of Canada." -- former PM Lester Pearson
>Try to do scene on 1 pixel less than bitmap size.
>Ex: Bitmap size 24x24, painting size 22x22.
>Colour of border will be used as a transparent color.

Small correction: It's the color of the lower left pixel that is used
as the transparent color.

|  Anders Bo Melander    | Phone: (+45) 31 87 91 26   |
|  Finsensvej 79, 2. tv. | mailto:a...@biocat.ruc.dk  |
|  DK-2000 Frederiksberg | flameto:bi...@microsoft.com|
|  Denmark               | (This space for rent :-)   |
| http://ftp.frontier.dk/public/Delphi2/tbedit01.html |