Rank beginner question: what makes the first form in an app the primary form?

no comments about the odor..
but here is the problem..
im using d5.

i began a project with a form main.  from main i opened and closed a few
forms using buttons.  when main was closed using the close window button on
the upper right corner (the x), the program closed and i was returned to the
delphi ide.

then i created a master child query form using the wizard.
the form it created became the primary form form and the original one was
changed to invisible..
i made it visible but closing it no longer closes the program.. you have to
close the database form..
what happened and how do i change it back so the original form opens the
database form and not visa versa?
is that clear???

thanks..
harv

Re:Rank beginner question: what makes the first form in an app the primary form?

> what happened and how do i change it back so the original form opens the
> database form and not visa versa?
> is that clear???

It is perfectly clear. I have no idea why the database form became the
mainform, but I know how to change it back. Just go into Project Options,
and then you can change it on the Forms tab.

niLLer

Re:Rank beginner question: what makes the first form in an app the primary form?

Hi Harv,

You can specify the Main Form from the Forms tab under Project>Options or
press Shift+Ctrl+F11.

Hope this helps!

Ste

--
================================
steve.hu...@btinternet.com

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook

================================

HARVEY GENDLER <gend...@river.it.gvsu.edu> wrote in message

> no comments about the odor..
> but here is the problem..
> im using d5.

> i began a project with a form main.  from main i opened and closed a few
> forms using buttons.  when main was closed using the close window button
on
> the upper right corner (the x), the program closed and i was returned to
the
> delphi ide.

> then i created a master child query form using the wizard.
> the form it created became the primary form form and the original one was
> changed to invisible..
> i made it visible but closing it no longer closes the program.. you have
> close the database form..
> what happened and how do i change it back so the original form opens the
> database form and not visa versa?
> is that clear???

> thanks..
> harv