Board index » delphi » MS SQL Cursors and D4

MS SQL Cursors and D4

Hi,

I ma having a bit of trouble connecting my application to a cursor created
in SQL Server (V7). If anybody could give me a few pointers that would be
great.

I am using MS SQL 7 and Delphi 4c/s

TIA

Steve

 

Re:MS SQL Cursors and D4


Steve,

  Sure, what's the problem?

krf

Quote
"Steve Benfield" <st...@todaytomorrow.com.au> wrote in message

news:3d730d79@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi,

> I ma having a bit of trouble connecting my application to a cursor created
> in SQL Server (V7). If anybody could give me a few pointers that would be
> great.

> I am using MS SQL 7 and Delphi 4c/s

> TIA

> Steve

Re:MS SQL Cursors and D4


Basically I can create the cursor and use it OK through the query
analysiser, but I am unsure how to access the cursor using the standard data
access controls from within Delphi.

In a nutshell what is the best procedure to create and use a cursor in a ms
sql database from within Delphi 4 c/s, also the data access controls to use.

TIA

Steve

Quote
"Kevin Frevert" <kfrevert@workdrinkingcoffeedotcom> wrote in message

news:3d751961$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Steve,

>   Sure, what's the problem?

> krf

> "Steve Benfield" <st...@todaytomorrow.com.au> wrote in message
> news:3d730d79@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Hi,

> > I ma having a bit of trouble connecting my application to a cursor
created
> > in SQL Server (V7). If anybody could give me a few pointers that would
be
> > great.

> > I am using MS SQL 7 and Delphi 4c/s

> > TIA

> > Steve

Re:MS SQL Cursors and D4


Steve,

  You don't have to.  Put the cursor's SQL into a
TQuery/TADOQuery/TADODataset and use the normal data bound controls.  If
there is going to be a lot of processing going on (tedious record by record
processing), use a stored procedure and let the server do the work.

Good luck,
krf

Quote
"Steve Benfield" <st...@todaytomorrow.com.au> wrote in message

news:3d7549ca@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Kevin,

> Basically I can create the cursor and use it OK through the query
> analysiser, but I am unsure how to access the cursor using the standard
data
> access controls from within Delphi.

> In a nutshell what is the best procedure to create and use a cursor in a
ms
> sql database from within Delphi 4 c/s, also the data access controls to
use.

> TIA

> Steve

Other Threads