Using an ActiveX control that creates modeless dialogs

I have an externally created ActiveX control that I have to use. The problem
is that it creates modeless dialogs and as far as I can see Delphi will not
handle this. I get the following error trying to activate the dialog:

Run time error 406. Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host
application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX Control, or Property Page.

I have found the code that allows the use of modeless dialogs in general
(TApplication.DialogHandle) but can find little or no information on how to
use this, or even if this is the approach to take in this case. I have also
found out that VB4 cannot handle modeless dialogs in ActiveX controls but
VB5 can (no implementation details in the help though).

Any help or experiences in trying to do this will be of help.

Trevor Coult