Missing TDBCtrlGrid Component?

For the life of me, I can't find the TDBCtrlGrid ("Database Control Grid")
component anywhere on my Delphi 2 Component Palette.  I also can not
locate any mention of it in HELP or in the .int listings in DOC.  The
component is described in detail on pp.155-156 of the Database
Applications Developer's Guide that comes with the product, so I assume it
exists somewhere.

I'm using the Desktop Version of Delphi 2.  Is this my problem?  Or I am
just blind?

Tom Giammo

Re:Missing TDBCtrlGrid Component?

In article <4vhp85$...@access1.digex.net>, giam...@access1.digex.net

(thomas giammo) wrote:
> For the life of me, I can't find the TDBCtrlGrid ("Database Control Grid")
> component anywhere on my Delphi 2 Component Palette.  I also can not
> I'm using the Desktop Version of Delphi 2.  Is this my problem?  Or I am
> just blind?

  On the package of my Delphi 2.0 the TDBCtrlGrid is listed as a special
feature of the Developer version. Therefore, I assume that it is NOT
available in the Desktop version. I also did not realize that this
difference exists in Borlands update information.

Greetings,
  Johannes

--
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least
one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that

Johannes Pellenz                      try also:
Goerresstr. 4                         Kiefernweg 4
56068 Koblenz                         55543 Bad Kreuznach
(+49) 261-33581                       (+49) 671-63173
GERMANY                               GERMANY

e-mail: jpell...@uni-koblenz.de
www:    http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~jpellenz

thomas giammo wrote:

> For the life of me, I can't find the TDBCtrlGrid ("Database Control Grid")
> component anywhere on my Delphi 2 Component Palette.  I also can not
> locate any mention of it in HELP or in the .int listings in DOC.  The
> component is described in detail on pp.155-156 of the Database
> Applications Developer's Guide that comes with the product, so I assume it
> exists somewhere.

> I'm using the Desktop Version of Delphi 2.  Is this my problem?  Or I am
> just blind?

> Tom Giammo

If you install Delphi 2.0 with default settings, the TDBCtrlGrid
component
should be the last one of the Data Controls group on the component
palette.
BTW, I'm using Delphi 2.0 Developer's package.

--
Fang Luo, Ph.D., Petroleum Engineer
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology

thomas giammo wrote in a message appearing on comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases:

>For the life of me, I can't find the TDBCtrlGrid ("Database Control Grid")
>component anywhere on my Delphi 2 Component Palette.  I also can not
>locate any mention of it in HELP or in the .int listings in DOC.  The
>component is described in detail on pp.155-156 of the Database
>Applications Developer's Guide that comes with the product, so I assume it
>exists somewhere.
>I'm using the Desktop Version of Delphi 2.  Is this my problem?  Or I am
>just blind?

You are better off not finding it. However, it is the right most
component on the Data Controls tab.

--
Kevin Davidson (kwdav...@mercury.interpath.com)
http://www.interpath.com/~kwdavids/

* My paradigm doesn't shift like it used to.

Re:Missing TDBCtrlGrid Component?

TDBCtrlGrid is not included in Delphi 2.0 Desktop-Edition, only in
Developer and C/S.

Bye,

Juergen

thomas giammo wrote:

> For the life of me, I can't find the TDBCtrlGrid ("Database Control Grid")
> component anywhere on my Delphi 2 Component Palette.  I also can not
> locate any mention of it in HELP or in the .int listings in DOC.  The
> component is described in detail on pp.155-156 of the Database
> Applications Developer's Guide that comes with the product, so I assume it
> exists somewhere.

> I'm using the Desktop Version of Delphi 2.  Is this my problem?  Or I am
> just blind?

> Tom Giammo

I think I saw another post which indicated the Desktop version doesn't
come with this component.

--
Mark.

Re:Missing TDBCtrlGrid Component?

I can only talk about the german version of D2. In this version only
Developer and C/S support the TDBCtrlGrid component.

Juergen

(eMail : juergen_schwa...@t-online.de)

Other Threads