Delphi 4.03 with Interbase 6.01??

Hello,
I have the Germen version of Delphi4. Can I use it to develop a project, in
which I want to connect to a Interbase 6.01 database? Can I use Interbase
Express? I have downloaded it, but it seems to be only for Delphi 5.

Thanks in advance
Christian

Re:Delphi 4.03 with Interbase 6.01??

No you can't IBX, requires some VCL enhancements introduced in D5.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> No you can't IBX, requires some VCL enhancements introduced in D5.

Can I use something else, if I cannot use IBX?

Thanks in advance
Christian

Re:Delphi 4.03 with Interbase 6.01??

Yes, you can use FreeIB!
http://www.second-dream.ru/fibplus/eng/

KoZo
koz...@freemail.hu

"Christian Schindler" <Chris.Schind...@gmx.net> az albbiakat rta a
k?vetkezo zenetben: news:3a687129_2@dnews...

Take a look at IBO at www.ibobjects.com.

"Christian Schindler" <Chris.Schind...@gmx.net> wrote in message

> "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > No you can't IBX, requires some VCL enhancements introduced in D5.

> Can I use something else, if I cannot use IBX?

> Thanks in advance
> Christian

Other Threads