Kicking users off an Interbase server

Here's an easy question for you all,

I am finding that users are logging on to the interbase server more than
once, so that when i look in
Interbase-manger, there will be multiple entries for "JOE BLOGGS".  the
question is how can i kick this user off without having to shut down the
interbase server.  And can i do it with SQL or the params property of a
Tdatabase, so that i can write an administrator package to enable the users
to do this.

thanks in advance.

Re:Kicking users off an Interbase server

Somewhere before you show the main form (like on the form's OnCreate event)
query the Server to see if that user has already logged on.  If they are
already on, then don't allow the program to run.

You might also build a custom login screen to replace the one triggered by
Interbase and force your users to use their username (to prevent them from
manually entering in another username and to be stuck with either the
username stored in the Interbase Alias in BDE .cfg file, or
programmatically assign the username based on your own security system
techniques that you may build).

I guess there are many methods available, so you don't have to rely on only
one!

-Respectfully,

Perry Way

--
=======================================
Remove KILLSPAM to send me email or click here instead... m...@wascoinc.com

There are only so many hours in the day!  I boycott all companies that send
unsolicited email (SPAM) to me.

SPAMMERS are VIRTUAL BUZZARDS hovering about the 'net looking for decaying
matter to make meals on.

bbbbbbb <ga@gagagag> wrote in article
<01bcb884$928ded60$6ac80...@holly.{*word*104}space>...

> Here's an easy question for you all,

> I am finding that users are logging on to the interbase server more than
> once, so that when i look in
> Interbase-manger, there will be multiple entries for "JOE BLOGGS".  the
> question is how can i kick this user off without having to shut down the
> interbase server.  And can i do it with SQL or the params property of a
> Tdatabase, so that i can write an administrator package to enable the
users
> to do this.

> thanks in advance.

Other Threads