Running sub-programs in TP6/TP7 programs

Does anyone know how I can execute a small program from within graphics mode
that can draw on the same screen without clearing the screen?

I hear that using overlays does that but i also hear that you have to write
the overlays at the same time as the executable, what im trying to achive is
to make a GUI and have its own executables in TP6 or TP7.

Posted from [204.50.249.133] by way of f224.law11.hotmail.com [64.4.17.224]

Re:Running sub-programs in TP6/TP7 programs

Peter Murray wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can execute a small program from within graphics
> mode that can draw on the same screen without clearing the screen?

> I hear that using overlays does that but i also hear that you have to
> write the overlays at the same time as the executable, what im trying to
> achive is to make a GUI and have its own executables in TP6 or TP7.

With the BGI you won't have much luck, because I'd need to initialize it
in your childprogramm to and that would clear the screen. With your own
set of graphics stuff this would be possible.

Markus

Other Threads