Class not registered?

Here's the situation: I've developped a cool application (at least, *I*
think its cool) in Delphi, utilizing the ActiveX FTP component. I copied
the executable to a floppy, and sneakernetted it to another machine, and
tried it. The program produced an OLE error, saying that there was a class
not registered. I figured that might happen, and had heard that you can
include stuff into your installation program with Installshield, so I
installed the one that comes with Delphi. I couldn't find anywhere where
it gives you this option.

So my question is this: When it comes time for deployment, how can I make
sure this class is registered?

Thanks in advance,

-Jon Hartman

||||||||"If you can't take the heat, STAY OUT OF THE FIREWALL!" -Me ||||||||||
||Out the Token Ring, through the router, down the fiber, off another router,|
||||||||||| down the T1, past the firewall...nothing but Net.|||||||||||||||||

Re:Class not registered?

copy the *.ocx to the c:\windows\system on the target machine
Register the OCX on the targetmachine with TREGSVR.EXE
in ...\Delphi 3\bin\
done !

Jonathan M. Hartman heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>how can I make sure this class is registered?

Other Threads