** Delphi3 & NT

Hi,

I have a little Problem: I programmed a LAN/WAN-Chat with d3 on my windows
95a. It works properly with other w95-users (p133 pcs). Now, a friend of
mine wanted to start chatting with us, too. OK, I installed the tool on his
pc (p166, nt4) and the following happens:

- The program is slower on his machine allthough his pc is faster
- The following error occures:
  Error at Adress 77070774 (or something) in Library ntdll.dll
  After the error the program is running quite well.

Is there a problem with d3-programs under nt4 ? Do I have adjust my compiler
settings ? Thanx for some help

Markus
empha...@NOSPAM.compuserve.com

Re:** Delphi3 & NT

Markus,

It's probably not Delphi but Windows that's the problem. There are differences
between the Win32 support on Win95 and WinNT and I suspect that you are using an
API command that differs between Win95 and WinNT. You should check the Microsoft
document to whether any Win32 API calls that you are explicitly calling differ
between the two. Mind you it may be in the VCL. I had a problem once with
Network Printers when the Delphi VCL was not consistent in its handling of Win32
and Win32s!

Regards

Tony Whyman
MWA Software
http://www.demon.co.uk/mwa-soft

empha...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hi,

> I have a little Problem: I programmed a LAN/WAN-Chat with d3 on my windows
> 95a. It works properly with other w95-users (p133 pcs). Now, a friend of
> mine wanted to start chatting with us, too. OK, I installed the tool on his
> pc (p166, nt4) and the following happens:

> - The program is slower on his machine allthough his pc is faster
> - The following error occures:
>   Error at Adress 77070774 (or something) in Library ntdll.dll
>   After the error the program is running quite well.

> Is there a problem with d3-programs under nt4 ? Do I have adjust my compiler
> settings ? Thanx for some help

> Markus
> empha...@NOSPAM.compuserve.com

> http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp   Create Your Own Free Member Forum