access violation in 'dsnide50.bpl'

I get a "Access violation @ address 52691BB6 in module 'DSNIDE50.BPL'. Read
of address 83EC8B69" whenever I drop any ADO component onto a data module.
If I dismiss the exception dialog and change any of the properties, the same
access violation is generated.  If I drop the same component onto a form, no
access violation is generated, and everything works.

Are ADO components not allowed in data modules?
Do I need an updated version of DSNIDE50.BPL?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows 98
D5 Pro with Update Pack 1
ADOExpress (newly installed)

Raymond Yap

Re:access violation in 'dsnide50.bpl'

You need to also apply the ADOExpress update.  Update Pack 1 changed some of the
design time interface and you must have a design time ADOExpress bpl compiled
against upd 1.  For more details read
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,20864,00.html.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Other Threads