How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ?

Hi, Please somebody help me. (Sorry by my poor english)
I'm using Delphi 4 C/S, in some process i need to work with Dbase files.
How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ? i need to add or
delete some fields ?

How can i do that ?

jorge_mosqu...@hotmail.com

Re:How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ?

Use TQuery's ExecSQL to do the following
ie.

Query1.Close;
Query1.SQL.Text:='ALTER TABLE "Names.db" DROP LastName, ADD LastName
CHAR(30)';
Query1.SQL.ExecSQL;

Luis Buelvas <buel...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Please somebody help me. (Sorry by my poor english)
> I'm using Delphi 4 C/S, in some process i need to work with Dbase files.
> How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ? i need to add or
> delete some fields ?

> How can i do that ?

> jorge_mosqu...@hotmail.com

Re:How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ?

Database Desktop that comes with Delphi?

Luis Buelvas <buel...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Please somebody help me. (Sorry by my poor english)
> I'm using Delphi 4 C/S, in some process i need to work with Dbase
files.
> How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ? i need to
add or
> delete some fields ?

> How can i do that ?

> jorge_mosqu...@hotmail.com

Re:How can i alter the estructure of a exist Dbase Table ?

Use a TQuery and the SQL ALTER TABLE statement as described in the Local SQL
on-line help file in your BDE directory.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)