MS-SQL 6.5 - Invalid Blob Handle

I've transferred some data from memo fields in dBase 111+ into blob
fields in MS SQL Server 6.5 and constantly get invalid blob handle
error messages when accessing the fields through Delphi 3,
client/server.  Any ideas please as to where the problem might lie?

thanks, Rob
--------------------------------
email: Rob.Da...@unn.ac.uk
Web:   http://www.unn.ac.uk/~isu8

Re:MS-SQL 6.5 - Invalid Blob Handle

Yes, problem lies in poor application design.

This is documented behaviour. See help on "Blobs to cache" in bde
administrator help.
BDE caches only a limited amount of blobs as you move through the dataset,
so when you move back, the blob cache will be invalidated (20-40 records,
depends on setting). The only workaround is to refresh the query (reopen).

--
----------------------
Regards

Rob Davis wrote in message <36e6cfda.760...@news.unn.ac.uk>...
>I've transferred some data from memo fields in dBase 111+ into blob
>fields in MS SQL Server 6.5 and constantly get invalid blob handle
>error messages when accessing the fields through Delphi 3,
>client/server.  Any ideas please as to where the problem might lie?

>thanks, Rob
>email: Rob.Da...@unn.ac.uk
>Web:   http://www.unn.ac.uk/~isu8

Other Threads