HELP - Borland Delphi vs. Visual Basic

   I am doing a research work for college, in which I have to compare
Borland Delphi and Visual Basic. Can anyone help me? The main issues that I
have to compare are the architecture of each and their functionality.

  Thanks a lot,   Luis
.

Re:HELP - Borland Delphi vs. Visual Basic

Both Borland and MS have papers saying each one is better than the other,
since you are on the Delphi newsgroup, you can only guess what we will all
say<G>.

John

Carlos Filipe Silveira - LEI <cf...@students.si.fct.unl.pt> wrote in
article <5kvqfp$...@host.di.fct.unl.pt>...

>    I am doing a research work for college, in which I have to compare
> Borland Delphi and Visual Basic. Can anyone help me? The main issues that
> have to compare are the architecture of each and their functionality.

>   Thanks a lot,   Luis
> .

Re:HELP - Borland Delphi vs. Visual Basic

> Carlos Filipe Silveira - LEI <cf...@students.si.fct.unl.pt> wrote in
> article <5kvqfp$...@host.di.fct.unl.pt>...
> >    I am doing a research work for college, in which I have to compare
> > Borland Delphi and Visual Basic. Can anyone help me? The main issues
that
> > have to compare are the architecture of each and their functionality.

Both products underwent years of development by large development teams, so
it would be impossible to cover everything about both products.  But, I'll
venture one suggestion:  concentrate on the component models each presents.

In such a comparison, I'd imagine you would look at how Delphi and VB let
you develop applications by assembling components, or develop new
components.  You could also look at how they each implement important
component-oriented concepts like: the PME model
(properties/methods/events), persistence, containership, factories and
RTTI.

Hmm. Maybe I should write a magazine article... ;-)

-- Conrad Herrmann

cf...@students.si.fct.unl.pt (Carlos Filipe Silveira - LEI) wrote:

>   I am doing a research work for college, in which I have to compare
>Borland Delphi and Visual Basic. Can anyone help me? The main issues that I
>have to compare are the architecture of each and their functionality.

For an architectural discussion, it seem like a Delphi/C++ comparison would be
much more interesting than a Delphi/VB.  I'd be so bold as to suggest that VB
doesn't have any architecture.  Its more like a pile of , uh... uh... well, a
pile.

w...@atl.mindspring.com
Never trust anyone who quotes himself -- Me.

Other Threads