Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS Problems

Heya Guys,

With the help I received I was able to complete the problem that I had
previously asked about.  THANKS!

NEXT. . .. .

I have Turbo Pascal 7.0 Configured to run in a DOS Window - Several
advantages being that I use the mouse and switch between windows.

I have two problems.

First - Whenever I print it prints each section of the program on a
different page  (I.e.. . .Program, VAR Statements, CONST Statements, the
FUNCTION line. . ..)  Resulting in my one short page program on like 12
different sheets of paper!  When I print at school I have no problem so it
must be a settings configuration problem.
(( I tried running the program strictly in DOS mode, but I lost mouse
control AND it wouldn't print at all - maybe no DOS printer driver
installed?? ))

Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in the
Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be nice
to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

Let me know if you guys have any thoughts..  ..I will continue to work on
the solution myself.

Thanks Again in Advance!!

The Beginning Programmer - Mike

Re:Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS Problems

Beginning Programmer wrote:

> I have Turbo Pascal 7.0 Configured to run in a DOS Window - Several
> advantages being that I use the mouse and switch between windows.

> I have two problems.

> First - Whenever I print it prints each section of the program on a
> different page  (I.e.. . .Program, VAR Statements, CONST Statements, the
> FUNCTION line. . ..)  Resulting in my one short page program on like 12
> different sheets of paper!  When I print at school I have no problem so it
> must be a settings configuration problem.
> (( I tried running the program strictly in DOS mode, but I lost mouse
> control AND it wouldn't print at all - maybe no DOS printer driver
> installed?? ))

> Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in the
> Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be nice
> to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

> Let me know if you guys have any thoughts..  ..I will continue to work on
> the solution myself.

I suggest you look into DJGPP and GPC, together with RHIDE.  It
will look much the same as Turbo 7, but can actually do real
Pascal, together with most of the extensions of TP7.  The result
will meet all your requirements above.

Pascal sources are text files.  Print them from a text editor.
TEXTPAD is quite good, shareware, and cheap to register.  Wordpad
will do in a pinch, but is lame.

--
Chuck F (cbfalco...@yahoo.com) (cbfalco...@XXXXworldnet.att.net)
   (Remove "XXXX" from reply address. yahoo works unmodified)

Re:Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS Problems

> I suggest you look into DJGPP and GPC, together with RHIDE.  It
> will look much the same as Turbo 7, but can actually do real
> Pascal, together with most of the extensions of TP7.  The result
> will meet all your requirements above.

I will definately look into other Pascal compilers. . . I just use TP7
because it is what I use at school and I found it for free. I will do
research.  Thanks for the tip.

> Pascal sources are text files.  Print them from a text editor.
> TEXTPAD is quite good, shareware, and cheap to register.  Wordpad
> will do in a pinch, but is lame.

Just knowing that it is a text file (I should have assumed that it was).  ..
.I'll be fine.

In article <3BAE559F.68CF...@yahoo.com>, CBFalconer wrote:
> Beginning Programmer wrote:

>> I have Turbo Pascal 7.0 Configured to run in a DOS Window - Several
>> advantages being that I use the mouse and switch between windows.

>> I have two problems.

>> First - Whenever I print it prints each section of the program on a
>> different page  (I.e.. . .Program, VAR Statements, CONST Statements, the
>> FUNCTION line. . ..)  Resulting in my one short page program on like 12
>> different sheets of paper!  When I print at school I have no problem so it
>> must be a settings configuration problem.
>> (( I tried running the program strictly in DOS mode, but I lost mouse
>> control AND it wouldn't print at all - maybe no DOS printer driver
>> installed?? ))

>> Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in the
>> Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be nice
>> to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

>> Let me know if you guys have any thoughts..  ..I will continue to work on
>> the solution myself.

Try the win32 variant of Free Pascal (www.freepascal.org). It will allow to
cut and paste, since the IDE is a win32 program, and generates win32 programs.

"Beginning Programmer" <mikesREMOVEj...@SPAMMiname.com> wrote:

|Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in the
|Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be nice
|to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

DOS windows do have cut & paste capabilities.  Note the 3 speedbuttons
just to the right of the screen format box.  You first click "mark",
highlight the text you want to copy, then click "copy".  the text is
now in the clipboard to use in other windows programs.  If you have
text in the clipboard, you can click "paste" and it will appear in the
DOS window.

Phil

Re:Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS Problems

JRS:  In article <rQor7.9184$W83.851...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net

j...@SPAMMiname.com> wrote at Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:19:19 :-

>Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in the
>Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be nice
>to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

You can copy and paste in a DOS window using the controls of the DOS
window itself, which at first seem a little strange.  This is
independent of the DOS application, and copy is limited to one DOS
screenful (I prefer 50 lines to 25); paste is unlimited.

You can save the program to file, open the file in any windows
editor/viewer, and use normal Windows techniques there.

Re:Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS Problems

Everybody had great ideas.  Thanks for the input.  I am now doing it with
ease!

Gotta Love Newsgroups!

Mike

<PhilOnl...@pgrahams.com> wrote in message

> "Beginning Programmer" <mikesREMOVEj...@SPAMMiname.com> wrote:

> |Second - I would like to be able to cut and paste between my program in
the
> |Pascal DOS Window and either MS Word or Outlook Express.  It would be
nice
> |to be able to export my program text directly to this NG for input.

> DOS windows do have cut & paste capabilities.  Note the 3 speedbuttons
> just to the right of the screen format box.  You first click "mark",
> highlight the text you want to copy, then click "copy".  the text is
> now in the clipboard to use in other windows programs.  If you have
> text in the clipboard, you can click "paste" and it will appear in the
> DOS window.

> Phil

Other Threads