Delphi application tries to start ODBC, but ODBC not used, Why?

I have been working on a Delphi app that does not use any database
components.  When I tryed to install the code on a test machine I get an
error that says something like application tried to start Borland
Database Engine. Can someone tell me why?  Could it be that somewhere in
my development efforts that a component header for a database component
got included?  If so is there a list of what headers belong to what type
components?

Thanks

Re:Delphi application tries to start ODBC, but ODBC not used, Why?

"Sande' R. Jones Jr." <op...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I have been working on a Delphi app that does not use any database
> components.  When I tryed to install the code on a test machine I get an
> error that says something like application tried to start Borland
> Database Engine. Can someone tell me why?  Could it be that somewhere in
> my development efforts that a component header for a database component
> got included?  If so is there a list of what headers belong to what type
> components?

 Try removing any units from the USES clauses that are not necessary.
Although the program might not use any routines from them thay have
initialization sections which may be causing the trouble. This my quick
guess anyway.
Imants Liepa

In article 7...@ix.netcom.com, "Sande' R. Jones Jr." <op...@ix.netcom.com> () writes:

> I have been working on a Delphi app that does not use any database
> components.  When I tryed to install the code on a test machine I get an
> error that says something like application tried to start Borland
> Database Engine. Can someone tell me why?  Could it be that somewhere in
> my development efforts that a component header for a database component
> got included?  If so is there a list of what headers belong to what type
> components?

> Thanks

Check the units and see if you are using DB in any of them.

Other Threads