BDE or APOLLO or ?????????

The BDE requires 2 Disks!  That is unacceptable!  So now where?
SuccessWare's APOLLO engine is smaller, but will it work identically
as the BDE, with connections to tables etc etc.  Can it use my Paradox
tables or DBase tables?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for  a
small database engine.

Eric Miles
mil...@usafe14.ramstein.af.mil
My opinions and comments are my own and ONLY
my own and reflect in no way the Air Force's.

Re:BDE or APOLLO or ?????????

Eirc <mil...@usafe14.ramstein.af.mil>

>The BDE requires 2 Disks!  That is unacceptable!  So now where?
>SuccessWare's APOLLO engine is smaller, but will it work identically
>as the BDE, with connections to tables etc etc.  Can it use my Paradox
>tables or DBase tables?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for  a
>small database engine.

  I currently use Successware's Apollo and have had no problem with it.
It has been a plug and play replacement for the BDE, and it is _much_
faster.  I have been very pleased with the results.

Best Regards,

-Ed Salgado
 Eminent Domain Software

Re:BDE or APOLLO or ?????????

>as the BDE, with connections to tables etc etc.  Can it use my Paradox
>tables or DBase tables?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for  a

e>  I currently use Successware's Apollo and have had no problem with it.
 >It has been a plug and play replacement for the BDE, and it is _much_

The version of Apollo I saw demoed by the Author in December _did not_
do Paradox tables.  Although I think Apollo is an excellent product, and
the author is is one fine fellow, it only supports Clipper and FoxPro,
not even dBASE.

I think the Author is an ex Clipper Head, which makes him a _smart_
Clipper Head;-)

Fred
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t My favorite mythical creature?  The honest politician.

Other Threads