ADOConnection Fails at RunTime but not design time.

I am trying to connect to a paradox table (tableX) using an ADOquery with delphi 5, my problem is that in design time I can query the table and populate a dbgrid with the results , however as soon as i run the program i get the error message - "the microsoft jet database engine could not find the object 'tableX'"

The  connectionstring looks like - Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=test;Data Source=Assistant;Extended Properties=paradox 4.x.

Can someone please help its driving me nuts.
ps. i have also tried changing the provider to JET 4.0 and the same problem occurs.

Re:ADOConnection Fails at RunTime but not design time.

"Ian Smith" <ian.sm...@line-europe.net> wrote:

>I am trying to connect to a paradox table (tableX) using an ADOquery with delphi 5, my problem is that in design time I can query the table and populate a dbgrid with the results , however as soon as i run the program i get the error message - "the microsoft jet database engine could not find the object 'tableX'"

>The  connectionstring looks like - Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=test;Data Source=Assistant;Extended Properties=paradox 4.x.

>Can someone please help its driving me nuts.
>ps. i have also tried changing the provider to JET 4.0 and the same problem occurs.

i think i have found my solution! in bde administrator, under databases. The ODBC entry that i created did not have the correct database name field set. when I changed it to C: my app worked. Still not sure why this happens only at run time though.
New the BDE would enter the equation at some point!

Other Threads