Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

<<Eugen Mihailescu:
I've found in Deborah's web site a sample code which
actually she got it from Neil Frewer, but trying to use
it I've found that it's not working (see the code bellow).
Anyone can help with this?

Give us a clue. What do you mean by 'not working', and
where in the code does the error happen? What error
message(s) do you get?

--
Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

Well, don't get me wrong:
I just don't know what type is oWinFax so I cannot initialize and use the
code. Please help, and thanks for you continuous support within Delphi
Community.
Eugen

Deborah Pate <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in message

> <<Eugen Mihailescu:
> I've found in Deborah's web site a sample code which
> actually she got it from Neil Frewer, but trying to use
> it I've found that it's not working (see the code bellow).
> Anyone can help with this?

> Give us a clue. What do you mean by 'not working', and
> where in the code does the error happen? What error
> message(s) do you get?

> --
> Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

<<Eugen Mihailescu:
I just don't know what type is oWinFax so I cannot initialize
and use the code.

Ah. It's a variant, or OleVariant. Thanks for the pointer
- I'll add this information to my web page.

--
Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

Hi Deborah,

I have a suggestion (if you allow me):
there are also few thing in that sample that are not very clear for users
(like me,for ex)
Details^.FaxRecipientName - what is Details?
well, isn't so hard to guess that Details^.FaxRecipientName can be replaced
by 'my fax number' but I think that will be helpful for us to be able to run
the example without any adjustments (someone can be novice in OLE so maybe
don't have to much enthusiasm to debug the code because he believe that
maybe another thing is missing, like a unit in uses clause, etc)

> <<Eugen Mihailescu:
> I just don't know what type is oWinFax so I cannot initialize
> and use the code.

> Ah. It's a variant, or OleVariant. Thanks for the pointer
> - I'll add this information to my web page.

> --
> Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

<<Eugen Mihailescu:
I have a suggestion (if you allow me):
there are also few thing in that sample that are not very clear
for users

All suggestions are *very* welcome. I don't have Winfax
myself, so I've not dared change anything in the sample
for fear of breaking the code, or really looked at it that
closely. I'll go through it when I get back home after
Easter, but any other suggestions/clarifications you
have would be gratefully received. :)

--
Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

I'm happy for that. Well, anyway did you tested that example ??? - because I
could not find what type (or what is its declaration) is variable Details
and I don't know where to find it. Can you help me?
10^3 Thanks...

> <<Eugen Mihailescu:
> I have a suggestion (if you allow me):
> there are also few thing in that sample that are not very clear
> for users

> All suggestions are *very* welcome. I don't have Winfax
> myself, so I've not dared change anything in the sample
> for fear of breaking the code, or really looked at it that
> closely. I'll go through it when I get back home after
> Easter, but any other suggestions/clarifications you
> have would be gratefully received. :)

> --
> Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

<<Eugen Mihailescu:
Well, anyway did you tested that example ???

There is no way that I can test the Winfax example, because
I don't have Winfax! Details was obviously a record type Neil
created for storing people's fax details. I 'd guess that
Details^.FaxRecipientName is a string containing the recipient's
name, and Details^.FaxNumber is a string containing the
recipient's fax number, but can't tell you for sure if that will work.

--
Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Re:Symantec WinFax Pro automation within Delphi

Thanks for your continuous support. I've already tried this but I think that
is a pointer to a record type with more than 2 fields. Thanks anyway, if
I'll find the solution I'll reply to you by mail (if you want, of course)

> <<Eugen Mihailescu:
> Well, anyway did you tested that example ???

> There is no way that I can test the Winfax example, because
> I don't have Winfax! Details was obviously a record type Neil
> created for storing people's fax details. I 'd guess that
> Details^.FaxRecipientName is a string containing the recipient's
> name, and Details^.FaxNumber is a string containing the
> recipient's fax number, but can't tell you for sure if that will work.

> --
> Deborah Pate (no emails please!)

Other Threads