Table is busy error

I have two applications running, which both use the same Database Alias, and
hence the same NetDir and PrivateDir. The 1st App is a 3rd party app which
populates a series of Paradox tables. The second (written in Delphi 7E, and
still under development) parses these tables and writes the data to another
Paradox Table. Occasionally my application AbEnds, and when I restart it I
get a Table Is Busy error. The table referred to is crated by my application
and is not used by the 3rd party app, but the only way I can clear the error
is to close down both of the applications, delete the table and index files
and then restart.

Which brings me to the question. - Is there any way of forcing the BDE to
drop a table regardless of the above error message??

Re:Table is busy error

Paul Bennett <rm28...@hotmial.com> wrote in message

> I have two applications running, which both use the same Database Alias,
and
> hence the same NetDir and PrivateDir. The 1st App is a 3rd party app which
> populates a series of Paradox tables. The second (written in Delphi 7E,
and
> still under development) parses these tables and writes the data to
another
> Paradox Table. Occasionally my application AbEnds, and when I restart it I
> get a Table Is Busy error. The table referred to is crated by my
application
> and is not used by the 3rd party app, but the only way I can clear the
error
> is to close down both of the applications, delete the table and index
files
> and then restart.

> Which brings me to the question. - Is there any way of forcing the BDE to
> drop a table regardless of the above error message??

No way. Your application abnormally ends and keeps the table in busy state,
which can only be cleaned-up when the BDE DLL is unloaded. This is only
possible when all the applications using the BDE are closed or in some cases
only when the OS is restarted.

Sujit

Re:Table is busy error

Paul Bennett wrote:
> I have two applications running, which both use the same Database Alias, and
> hence the same NetDir and PrivateDir.

not if they're in use at the same time.. each BDE session must have its' own
Priv..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Re:Table is busy error

Thats what I was afraid of, still worth asking!

Paul.

"Sujit Singhania" <blackholec...@vsnl.net> wrote in message

> Paul Bennett <rm28...@hotmial.com> wrote in message
> > I have two applications running, which both use the same Database Alias,
> and
> > hence the same NetDir and PrivateDir. The 1st App is a 3rd party app
which
> > populates a series of Paradox tables. The second (written in Delphi 7E,
> and
> > still under development) parses these tables and writes the data to
> another
> > Paradox Table. Occasionally my application AbEnds, and when I restart it
> > get a Table Is Busy error. The table referred to is crated by my
> application
> > and is not used by the 3rd party app, but the only way I can clear the
> error
> > is to close down both of the applications, delete the table and index
> files
> > and then restart.

> > Which brings me to the question. - Is there any way of forcing the BDE
> > drop a table regardless of the above error message??

> No way. Your application abnormally ends and keeps the table in busy
state,
> which can only be cleaned-up when the BDE DLL is unloaded. This is only
> possible when all the applications using the BDE are closed or in some
cases
> only when the OS is restarted.

> Sujit

  smime.p7s