BDE : "Invalid file name" error

Hi,

A customer of ours using our product gets the message "Invalid
filename" when our program tries to make a database  table active.
I've checked the path of the alias using the BDECFG32 utility program
but the path seems OK to me. What can cause this error message ?

Kindest regards,

Dennis Waterman
Plaxis B.V.
Holland

Re:BDE : "Invalid file name" error

Dennis and All,
I'm not sure why and maybe someone from TeamB can give us some help, but
this will
happen even in the IDE if the directory path on the alias/TDataBase is a
long filename or contains spaces.  Pretty much it seems that if the
directory is not in DOS 8.3 format the BDE has problems.  The thing that
I find strange is that the TDataBase component lists the fact that the
table is there, it just won't allow you to make it active.

Thanks,
Matt Libhart
AquaPenn Spring Water Co., Inc.
(814) 355-5556 ext 137

Dennis Waterman wrote:
> Hi,

> A customer of ours using our product gets the message "Invalid
> filename" when our program tries to make a database  table active.
> I've checked the path of the alias using the BDECFG32 utility program
> but the path seems OK to me. What can cause this error message ?

> Kindest regards,

> Dennis Waterman
> Plaxis B.V.
> Holland

Re:BDE : "Invalid file name" error

I am not teamBb but you solve the problem by upgrading the BDE to the newest
4.51 then if you also want to have very long path alter the table version
to level 7

regards
Jorn Johanesson Beekeeper since 1970
EDBi = Beekeeping software since 1986