Compiling video capture prog on Windows 2000 using BC++ 5.02

I gather from other postings that I can use Borland C++ 5.02
to compile programs on Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3)
to run on Windows 2000.
I have a video capture application that ran on Windows 95
and I want to run it on Windows 2000.  I tried recompiling it
on Windows 2000 - it compiled OK but crashes when I execute it.
The project (ide file) includes "vfw32.lib". Does anyone know
if "vfw32.lib" should be included in the application on Windows 2000? (I did try removing this file and I get the message
"the procedure entrypoint createCaptureWindowA could not be
located in the DLL MSVFW32.dll").