can't install Borland c++ on win 2000

Hi, can someone please help me?
I am trying to install Borland c++ on a win 2000 but I keep on getting an
error:
"Internal Error: - 4.
You need at least 1389 KB to copy the installation files to c:\temp.
Free some space or set the TEMP environment variable to another drive.
Unable to start installing."

I tried to change the TEMP dir , but nothing happened, can someone have a
clue what can I do.
b.t.w
I tried to install the same disk on a win 98 machine and everything is
working great.

thanks
eilay,

Re:can't install Borland c++ on win 2000

I recently bought a new PC with Windows 2000 preinstalled. It turned out to
have some ridiculous security settings, which prevented even administrators
to run 16-bit programs, because they did not have write access to the TEMP
directory (which, by default, is a separate TEMP for each user in Win 2000).
If I checked the permissions for the folder, it seemed OK, the problem was
in the policy settings. I don't know if you are experiencing a similar
problem? Windows 2000 - like NT 4.0 - seems to like giving the message that
a folder is missing or there is a lack of space, when the actual problem is
permissions.

I run Borland C++ 5.01 on this computer without problems. I did the Borland
install after I got rid of the above problem (if I remember it correctly),
and the install was without problems of any kind.

HTH

J Lind

eilay <eilaya...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3a11d35a_1@dnews...
> Hi, can someone please help me?
> I am trying to install Borland c++ on a win 2000 but I keep on getting an
> error:
> "Internal Error: - 4.
> You need at least 1389 KB to copy the installation files to c:\temp.
> Free some space or set the TEMP environment variable to another drive.
> Unable to start installing."

> I tried to change the TEMP dir , but nothing happened, can someone have a
> clue what can I do.
> b.t.w
> I tried to install the same disk on a win 98 machine and everything is
> working great.

> thanks
> eilay,

Re:can't install Borland c++ on win 2000

thanks , but how do i change it ???
"Jonas Lind" <jonaslind...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I recently bought a new PC with Windows 2000 preinstalled. It turned out
> have some ridiculous security settings, which prevented even
administrators
> to run 16-bit programs, because they did not have write access to the TEMP
> directory (which, by default, is a separate TEMP for each user in Win
2000).
> If I checked the permissions for the folder, it seemed OK, the problem was
> in the policy settings. I don't know if you are experiencing a similar
> problem? Windows 2000 - like NT 4.0 - seems to like giving the message
that
> a folder is missing or there is a lack of space, when the actual problem
is
> permissions.

> I run Borland C++ 5.01 on this computer without problems. I did the
Borland
> install after I got rid of the above problem (if I remember it correctly),
> and the install was without problems of any kind.

> HTH

> J Lind

> eilay <eilaya...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3a11d35a_1@dnews...
> > Hi, can someone please help me?
> > I am trying to install Borland c++ on a win 2000 but I keep on getting
an
> > error:
> > "Internal Error: - 4.
> > You need at least 1389 KB to copy the installation files to c:\temp.
> > Free some space or set the TEMP environment variable to another drive.
> > Unable to start installing."

> > I tried to change the TEMP dir , but nothing happened, can someone have
> > clue what can I do.
> > b.t.w
> > I tried to install the same disk on a win 98 machine and everything is
> > working great.

> > thanks
> > eilay,

Re:can't install Borland c++ on win 2000

From your error message it looks like your C drive hasn't enough space. Can
you free up the few of thousand K?

regards.

--