BDE with Oracle RDB ODBC

I am having problems with a Delphi 2.01 application that talks to Oracle
RDB V6.1-03 via BDE 3.0 and Oracle ODBC driver 2.00.2000. The application
works fine until terminated upon which it causes various invalid page fault
errors requiring a reboot of the system. Interestingly the problem doesn't
occur if the program is ended using the 'Run/Program reset' option under
the IDE.

I transported all the data to an Interbase database and the problem does
not occur. Anyone struck any similar problems? I read some messages about
the DBE using ODBC calls greater than 2.0 but it seems unusual that if this
was the problem that it would only manifest itself upon exiting.